Family Dollar has updated their coupon policy recently and should make couponing a lot easier! This policy is word for word what I found on their website, but I have italicized and bolded what I feel like are key points. Comments in [ ] are mine! :) I would definitely have a copy of this in your coupon binder when you make trips to Family Dollar. Their policy is VERY friendly and doesn’t have a lot of crazy limits like many stores.
Family Dollar Stores ACCEPTS Manufacturer and Family Dollar issued coupons including:
- Printed Coupons
- Internet Coupons
- Mobile Coupons
Family Dollar Stores ACCEPTS Manufacturer and Family Dollar issued coupons that meet these
- Only ONE Manufacturer coupon and ONE Family Dollar coupon can be used per ITEM in a
transaction. [This is called stacking!]
- Duplicate coupons in one transaction are accepted as long as there is an item purchased for
- All Family Dollar coupons must have a scannable barcode or valid promotion code.
- Printed coupons must be original (no photocopies) and have a printed expiration date.
- Internet coupons may either be in black and white or color and must be legible and read “Family
Dollar” or “Manufacturer Coupon”.
- Mobile coupons must have a valid promotion code.
- Coupons can be redeemed only for items that are described on the coupon. The copy on the
coupon dictates which items are to be included in the offer, not the image of what is shown on
- Coupons can be redeemed if the value of the coupon is greater than the price of the item. In this
case, the value of the coupon will be discounted to match the price of the item.
- Buy One Get One Free coupons are only accepted if the exact same 2 products are the “buy”
and the “free”.
- Family Dollar $5 off $25 coupon is accepted as long as the net purchase, AFTER all other offers,
coupons and/or discounts have been applied is $25 or more.
- Coupons are acceptable for use on sale or clearance items.
Family Dollar does NOT ACCEPT coupons that:
- Are from other retailers.
- Are expired.
- Are for “free” items that do not require a purchase. We do accept coupons for items that are
equal to or greater than the price of the item and reduce the price to free. [This should clear up the CoverGirl coupons!]
- Are manufacturer coupons that do not have a “remit to” address on the coupon.
- Are bottle caps.
Competitor coupons are not matched.